Monday, April 20, 2009

Taboule Salad Part 2 aka Multipurpose Fusion Meals




What did you make?




The taboule salad (refer to post below) was good but the real meal was being created on the fly. I needed a more substantial and colorful dinner and something for lunch too!


For dinner I added some salad and mixed in a few spoonfuls of the taboule salad. I also had made a garlic vegetable stir-fry (mushrooms, frozen spinach, frozen green beans, and frozen mixed vegetables--- also a chicken tender was chopped in there after I microwaved it so that there was some meat) that I added to the taboule and salad mix.


For lunch the ingredients were largely the same but I added a bit of mozzarella cheese, blue cheese, and some chipotle hummus for extra color, texture, and taste.


How long did it take?


Both the lunch and dinner together took around 40 minutes. I kept adjusting the taboule salad so that took some time. Waiting for the stir-fry to finish also took awhile since my vegetables were mainly frozen.


How did it taste?

So far I've only had the dinner salad but it was a 8. I was too lazy to add more balsamic vinegar but it needed just a little more of a kick.

No comments:

Post a Comment